Facebook Advertising entails a range of advertising strategies distributed via the social media site Facebook. Advertisements for a company’s own fan page or external websites may be written. Each advertiser has different grids for external sites that are open.
After its inception as a campus network in 2004, Facebook has grown into a global social network with over a tenth of the world’s population using it.
Creator Mark Zuckerberg had to come up with ways to monetize the network early on in order to cover the enormous costs of servers and growth. Since all users include their hobbies and other essential targeting parameters in addition to their gender, the basic orientation of “thefacebook” lends itself well to display ads to target audiences.
Small businesses and even students were able to book “flyers” shortly after “thefacebook” launched, allowing them to directly advertise on “thefacebook.”
The cost of showing a “flyer” was about $10 to $40 per day at the time. Flyers were often used on campus to advertise parties and other activities.
The daily rate for ad displays was modified to a full-fledged advertisement model focused on cost per click in the first year. Marketers were able to monitor the direction of their ads and reduce waste by using network-internal targeting.
In 2004, PartyPoker became the first big corporate customer to join the social network, which was then known as “facebook.” Facebook’s owners reaped a huge amount of advertisement revenue due to big commissions.
Apple formed its own Facebook community in 2005 and charged Facebook $1 for each new member. More major brands entered the popular network as a result of this model.
Since 2008, any organization, regardless of size or sales, has been able to create their own Facebook profile. It was planned with the concept that if a company has its own Facebook page, it would invest money to support it. Facebook Ads served as a platform for this.
Facebook began improving targeting for its advertisers in 2009. Advertisers may also produce their own advertisements and monitor the positioning of banners.
The social network gradually hit many more target audiences for its advertisers and extended the scope of the ads after releasing the mobile Facebook app.
Facebook introduced mobile advertisements in its app and mobile edition of the social network in 2012. In 2010, the Like-button for external websites was introduced, which increased the number of visitors to Facebook pages.
Facebook Advertising is also being extended to this day. The social media platform is increasingly competing with Apple, Google, and Amazon.
With the introduction of Facebook Exchange in 2013, Facebook joined the retargeting market, offering businesses real-time ads for their ad spaces based on the real-time bidding concept.
Placing Facebook advertising
A private Facebook profile, a fan page, or a business account are needed to use Facebook ads. Advertisers can also book their advertisements via a dedicated business account. This, however, must be applied for first.
A monthly minimum advertisement volume of 3,000 Euros is also needed. Personal Facebook support and advanced analysis tools are two of the benefits of a business account.
There are only three steps to placing an ad:
- The ad Targeting’s content and structured architecture.
- Set a regular budget and submit a bid request.
- Customers on Facebook can choose from CPC (cost per click) or CPM (cost per mille) billing models. The click rate determines the cost per click. The lower the actual click price, the better the click rate, probably.
Variety of Facebook Advertising options
Advertisers can select from a range of ad types, which are divided into two categories: regular advertising and supported posts.
- The title, URL destination, image, and text in standard ads are always the same. These ads may link to an external URL or a Facebook page, as well as events or applications.
- Customers have seven different choices to choose from when it comes to sponsored stories. These stories appear as a “extended newsfeed” and link to Facebook fan pages only. Fans’ interactions, the frequency of “like button gestures,” and app behaviors all play a part. As a result, supported stories are determined by the amount of user engagement on a Facebook fan page. It’s possible to use the following formats: like story, page post story, page post like story, app used story / game played story, story share app, check-in story, story domain.
Facebook Advertising targeting
Facebook has been gradually growing the amount of targeting choices available to its marketers. When making an ad, you can choose from a range of targeting options. If the consumer changes his or her mind, the number of possible ad recipients adjusts automatically in its own box.
The following are the Facebook Advertising targeting options:
- Advertisers may decide which age demographic they want to target or whether they want to reach men or women.
- Advertisements may be tailored to particular countries or towns. The IP address, as well as the details in the user profile, are used to decide the recipient’s location.
- Advertisers may decide whether or not they want their Facebook page’s current fans to be excluded from their ads.
- Interests: One of the advantages of Facebook ads is that you can tailor your range based in part on users’ “Like” signals as well as their actual mentioned interests and Facebook topics.
- Advanced demographics: Facebook allows advertisers to target users based on their sexual orientation or relationship status, or to contact them directly on their birthday.
- Work and education: Advertisers can target their ads by profession, industry, or employer-based on user preferences.
- On Facebook, you can delete unique users or user groups.
Google AdWords vs. Facebook Advertising
So far, it’s been believed that Facebook advertising is mainly used for brand building or campaign support. As a consequence, it distinguishes itself from Google AdWords by being a subset of SEA.
Customers using Google’s AdWords platform have the option of placing advertisements directly above the search results lists. Users who click on AdWords ads are more likely to be interested in purchasing, while users who click on a Facebook ad inside the network are more likely to be interested in learning more about a product or to be curious.
Facebook ads are being criticized.
Despite the fact that the targeting for Facebook Advertising is generally praised, there are still critics who point out that Facebook’s guidelines for ad quality are not quite clear. Similarly, it’s difficult to grasp why one ad is prioritized by Facebook while another is ignored. In a different Support Center, Facebook seeks to answer as many unanswered questions as possible.
Link to Search Engine Optimization
Facebook Advertising is a traditional marketing tool for branding and campaign promotion. With Facebook ads, target audiences can be targeted very specifically by exact targeting.
Since Facebook ads can guide users to external landing pages on the internet, they can be used for short-term traffic increases in the same way as banner ad campaigns can.
At the same time, additional Facebook banners can be used to create a brand. More direct type-ins and a stronger brand in search engines like Google will be the result.
You can indirectly monitor the optimization of social signals by improving your fan page through Facebook ads, because the greater your fan base in a social network, the more Views, and Shares of your website you would have on the internet.